Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baked Asparagus, Beans & Red Pepper

This night I just felt like I need a ton of veg.  I never really thought about baking anything but potatoes... turns out you can bake just about any veg and it takes fantastic.  I baked everything at 350.  Basically clean the veg off, put it in a baking pan, sprinkle it with olive oil & then twist on some salt & pepper.

Asparagus: 20 minutes
Beans & Peppers: 12 minutes

Baked veggie with rice.  This was simple and really delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Baked veggies is one of my favorite meals. One of my personal favorite combinations is:

    Sweet Red Oniones
    Red Peppers
    Tomatoes
    Portebllo mushrooms, cubed

    1/4 cup of chicken broth (veggie broth should subsitute fine for you vegans)
    1/4 cup of red wine
    2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
    salt to taste

    Baked at 400f for 15-20minutes

    ReplyDelete